We arrive at our last stop this week, a little sad, much englightened. Its an ending, certainly a new beginning. It is an amazing 7-lesson journey where I made a lot of self discoveries as well as discoveries of people around me. I understand myself better, become more mindful of the use (or otherwise) of all my 24 character strengths. More importantly, I realise that I has begun to see people using my “new eye”. A new habit starts to emerge — I now often heard myself quietly asking in my heart “what would be his/her character strengths?” whenever I meet people. There was an incident two weeks back when I was arguing with a man over something and, to my delight, this question popped up. I am indeed grateful for the “new eye” . For that, THANK YOU VIA Institute.
At the last stop, I make 3 important discoveries:
- Focus on possibilities – Dr Ryan’s reiterated again the importance of learning to see from different angles, different perspectives; look into and work on possibilities when dealing with people. We must learn to focus on possibilities to make new discoveries.
- Role Models – It is important to have someone who is personal to you and who inspires you with his/her character strengths to be your role model. It helps you to further develop and expand your character strengths; find strength and direction when you face difficult moments or provide inspiration when you just need some.
- A Re-Education of Attention – Positive psychology is a re-education of our attention and memory, making us more mindful about “what is working”.
- 模范榜样：锁定一个对您很重要或是一个能激发您的人，以他为您的榜样，可以帮助你进一步发展和扩大你的性格优点。这个好榜样也能在你面对困难的时刻，或者当你需要一些灵感和激励时; 给您力量和方向。
- 注意力的再教育: 积极心理学是我们注意力和记忆力的再教育，使我们更铭记和关注到“什么是可行的”。